Some key highlights from the Australian IP Report 2015 include:
- Australian residents are the largest filers in three of the four rights: trade marks, designs and plant breeder’s rights.
- The US is the second largest filer across the remaining IP rights, excluding patents, where Australia is the second largest filer.
- The top three destinations for Australians filing patents abroad were the US (41 per cent), European Patent Office (9 per cent) and China (7 per cent).
- Applications for plant breeder’s rights and trade marks increased relative to 2013, while applications for design and patent rights decreased.
- From http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/content/home_page_items/hp-redirect/Australian-Intellectual-Property-Report-2015-now-available
Call Sweeny Legal IP on 4254 5312